Chief Technical Officer
We are a fast growing company, developing innovative multi-media apps for publishers and other media and information-related businesses.
We urgently need a talented and experienced CTO who has in-depth experience of programming and development functions. This individual will have overall control of the technical aspects of delivering the complete products for our business. He or she will have a number of developers reporting to him or her and will be running multiple projects, simultaneously.
The key requirements are:
– Proven experience in building development teams, including hiring and performance monitoring, mentoring junior developers and driving high code standards.
– Significant previous experience as a lead developer/project manager for a multi-member development team, with experience in project planning, scope management, quality assurance and client management.
– Proven experience in delivering projects within time and budget constraints.
– Proven experience in designing software architecture spanning novel and diverse platforms.
– At least 3 years commercial Ruby on Rails development experience, including PostgreSQL database. Exposure to JRuby and integration with Java libraries would be strongly regarded.
– Knowledge of C# and the Unity 3D game engine. Very good understanding of 3D computer graphics (particularly on mobile devices) and its optimization.
– Knowledge of 2D and 3D graphics production processes (eg photography, 2D illustration, 3D rendering/UV texturing).
– Intermediate Photoshop skills – extracting layers, photograph color correction, minor retouching and the creation of simple images.
– Experience producing complex documents with LaTeX. Good knowledge of both computer typography and traditional printed typography.
– Strong knowledge of the Git source-control system, including experience establishing Git workflows for multi-member project teams.
– Degree level qualification would be advantageous.
– Previous experience in a startup, either as an employee or founder, would be advantageous.
Salary/Rate: £70k – £80k year.
How to apply:
Please email [email protected], including your CV.
Only applicants who already have the right to live and work in the UK should apply.
The closing date for applications is Friday 8th February 2013.