Senior Software Engineer
AirStrip Technologies addresses the most pressing needs of a rapidly evolving global healthcare system by developing mobile technology that can drive enhanced clinician engagement, strengthen care coordination and improve clinical and financial performance. By unlocking, transforming and mobilizing live and historical patient information from existing monitoring devices and EHR systems to access on mobile devices regardless of operating system, AirStrip helps transcend the geographic and technological barriers that delay informed clinician action. The AirStrip platform supports an enterprise-wide solution with live and predictive analytics and unprecedented opportunities to improve the health of individuals and populations.
Senior Software Engineer
The Senior Software Engineer is highly experienced in developing iOS applications and components. You will work on projects alone and in team environments to deliver the AST suite of mobile platform products.
• Work closely with other developers and our design team to drive the evolution and expansion of our current product suite.
• Apply knowledge of Mobile Application technologies, applications, methodologies, processes and tools to carefully analyze and test software.
• Conceptualize new software for the company that may expand the suite of products currently offered.
• Develop and maintain user manuals and guidelines.
• Re-factor current application design and/or implementation to support application enhancement requests.
• Use design patterns to solve application issues.
• Create reusable libraries and mobile application frameworks.
• Evaluate and research latest technologies.
• Support production issues.
• Support software applications to resolve any defects and issues reported.
• Resolve application performance and scalability issues by identifying the bottle-necks, memory leaks and key areas of improvement.
• Conduct research on emerging mobile application development software products, languages and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
• Report to Vice President Engineering regarding work done by the team and provide support if required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar discipline.
• Experience with iOS, Objective C or Cocoa Touch.
• 3-5 years experience in mobile application development.
• Fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis.
• Ability to create data models and message exchange requirements for interfaces.
• Design skills with experience in Object Oriented Design (OOD), Design Patterns, Database Design, Data modeling required Domain Driven Design desirable.
• Experience with Unit Testing, Integration Testing, TDD (Test Driven Development).
• Experience with any testing frameworks such as OCUnit.
• Other skills in refactoring, requirements gathering/analysis, Software Configuration Management Tools (SVN or Git or Mercurial) is a plus.
• Experience with Agile Development methodology is a plus.
• Ability to work independently as well as perform as part of a small, close knit development team required, Paired Programming desirable.
• Experience developing for a software products company is preferred.
• Experienced in test driven development (TDD) methodology to develop software.
• Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer a competitive salary and an extensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, paid time off and a retirement plan. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
How to apply:
To respond to this opportunity, please go to: