Mobile Game Developer
Wild Needle is building a new generation of rich and collaborative social games for the iPhone and other mobile devices. Want to join a fun and well-funded team? We’re a group of seasoned entrepreneurs that includes the co-founder of the social gaming company Playdom, which was sold to Disney last year for over $500 million.
We are looking for a super sharp Mobile Game Developer to help convert our games from concepts on paper to living, breathing, fun experiences on the iPhone and Android devices. You will be responsible for the design and implementation of our cutting-edge, big-vision games and will work cross-functionally with everyone in our fast-growing company to define and launch new games and game elements.
We offer a competitive salary, stock options, 401(k) plan, and a comprehensive health, dental, and vision benefits package.
We’re an awesome team. Come join us!
– Code primarily in Objective C and develop features that use the iPhone SDK, such as in-app purchases and animations
– Iterate quickly on UI designs across multiple feature areas
– Provide solid insight in areas of user interface design, graphics optimization, navigation, site layout, usability design, and overall website and game design best practices
– Maintain high coding standards
– 3+ years of development experience in a fast-paced environment with short project deadlines
– Excellent teamwork and problem-solving skills, flexibility, and ability to handle multiple tasks
– Fanatical attention to detail
– Good knowledge of C, C++, and Objective C in some combination
– Love of games (console, PC, Facebook, mobile, whatever)
– Familiarity with PHP, Flash, and REST web services
– Experience with Objective C or Cocos2d, ideally through commercial experience, a university course, or independent iPhone or Mac application development
– Experience with Java, particularly on Android
– Experience developing console, PC, Facebook, or mobile games